about 1 month ago
There are two processes by which a parent may request approval to attend a school other than their neighborhood school:
- InterDistrict Transfers
- IntraDistrict Transfers
Val Verde USD Board Policy requires transfer students to maintain 90% attendance and good behavior (no out of school suspensions).
If your child already attends the requested transfer school, he or she may continue to attend there until a grade span change (grades 5 and /or 8) unless you received a letter stating otherwise.
INTER-DISTRICT TRANSFER REQUESTS
An Inter-District transfer allows your child to attend a school outside of your school district of residence.
- You must complete a form to be released from your district of residence to begin the process. All Inter-District transfer requests must be completed before you may attend an outside district. Due to the closures please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding a Inter district transfer request.
- Once VVUSD or your district approves the release, the receiving district will consider your request.
- The length of approvals are based on the Inter-District agreements adopted by both governing boards and may last through grade span changes when your child will enter a new school (middle school or high school)
After May 18, your transfer will be reviewed within 10 days and approved or denied based on space available however, you will NOT be placed on a waiting list.
- Approved transfers can be revoked due to chronic non-attendance (>10% of school days), truancies (>30 minutes tardy or early release), or disciplinary or academic issues.
Requests submitted after May 18, 2020 may not be considered until a minimum of 10 days after school begins and class loads are determined.
INTRA-DISTRICT TRANSFER REQUESTSAn Intra-District transfer allows your child to attend a school other than your neighborhood school.
- You may use the Intra form on the left of the webpage in forms to submit your application to : email@example.com
- An Intra-District transfer may be valid through a grade span change when your child will enter a new school (middle school or high school)
- The Intra-District transfer form may be submitted in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The window for Intra district transfers is now closed if you submitted the transfer after February 28, 2020 Your transfer will not be processed until 10 days after the start of school.
- The Intra-District transfer request window is Jan. 15- Feb. 28
By mail, you will receive a letter telling you if the transfer was approved or denied.
FOR REQUESTS SUBMITTED AFTER FEBRUARY 28 Your transfer will be approved or denied based on space available however, you will NOT be placed on a waiting list.
Approved transfers can be revoked due to chronic non-attendance (>10% of school days), truancies (>30 minutes tardy or early release), disciplinary or academic issues.
Requests submitted after February 28 may not be considered until a minimum of 10 days after school begins and class loads are determined.
CONDITIONS FOR APPROVAL
- Parent/guardian assumes responsibility for providing transportation.
- Students must maintain attendance of 90% or better.
- Students with truancies may have their transfers revoked.
- Students are expected to follow all class and school rules.
- Disciplinary issues such as suspension are grounds for revocation.
Citrus Hill High School offers the IB Program