3 years ago



All New Enrollments for the 2020-2021 school year will be done online. Please see the online Enrollment Link to the left to begin your child's enrollment. You will be required to upload the required registration documents in PDF format.

With the current health restrictions throughout our county,  the best and most efficient way to communicate with the Val Verde Unified School District's Centralized Registration Department is via email and/or telephone.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at If you would like to speak to a live person, you may call (951) 940-6102 on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday's from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. PHONE CALLS ONLY. For the safety of our community and staff please DO NOT come to the office in person. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during these unusual times. 

If you have any questions regarding TRANSFERS please e-mail:

 Valerie Solorio - Assistant Manager Centralized Registration

Due to Covid-19 , VVUSD Centralized Registration Center will be on a modified schedule by phone or e-mail only! 


The Centralized Registration Center is where all students new or returning from another district to Val Verde Unified School District register to attend school. The Central Registration Center will be the first point of contact and will help ensure your registration process is easy and convenient. Before making the trip to the Registration Center, be sure you have met the Registration Requirements - see below.

2020-2021 TK/Kindergarten Registration started on March 16, 2020. Registration for the 2020-2021 school year for grades 1-12 begins on May 18, 2020. All registration forms may be found on the Forms page.


Before a student may attend a Val Verde Unified School District school, the registration process must be completed. The following requirements must be met:


  • Transitional Kindergarten: -  must turn 5 years old between September 2 and December 2 of the year they enter school. 
  • Kindergarten: a child must be 5 years old by September 1 of the year they enter school.


Any one of the following items (with picture) is acceptable verification of identity: 

  • Current Driver’s License
  • California Identification Card
  • Bank Identification Card
  • Company/Work Identification


Verification of birth date must be provided. The following documents qualify as verification: 

  • Original Birth Certificate
  • Baptismal Certificate Duly Attested
  • Hospital Birth Record
  • Adoption/Foster Care Records


One form of verification of residency must be provided. The following items will serve as verification: 

  • Current Mortgage Verification Showing Residence Address
  • Current Utility Bill within 30 days (electric, gas, water)
  • Current Lease or Rental Agreement
  • Final Escrow Papers Showing Current Address
  • If RESIDING WITH ANOTHER FAMILY we will need a current utility bill (within 30 days) in that persons name, a copy of their


Proof of the following immunizations must be provided and proper intervals between doses must be observed, or additional immunizations will be required. Minimum immunization requirements are: 

  • Polio(OPV/IPV) - 4 Doses (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
  • Diphtheria Tetanus & Pertussis (DTap, DTP, or DT) - 5 doses (4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
  • Measles or Rubeola, Mumps & Rubella (MMR): 2 doses, both given on or after 1st birthday
  • Hepatitis B: 3 doses 
  • Varicella (chickenpox): 2 doses
  • TDap: 1 Dose (Required for 7th-12th Grade Students)


Students enrolling for TK/kindergarten and first grade must show proof of physical examination. A copy of the physical exam, showing blood, urine, vision and audiometric testing is required. Physical forms may be obtained through CRC to take to your health care provider or your pediatrician or family doctor may have the form available. 

  • The exam forTK/kindergarten must be dated no earlier than 18 months prior to the first day of attendance at school. 
  • To enroll in first grade, the exam must have been given within 18 months prior to the first day of attendance at school.


Students enrolling for the first time in public school, in TK/Kindergarten an evaluation within 12 months prior to school entry will meet this requirement. 

Dental assessment form to be completed by a licensed dental professional will be provided to parents who are registering their children for public school for the first time, in either kindergarten or first grade.

Returning Students Click here