If I only had one number

Inform Riverside County

If you're calling from within Riverside County just dial 211 for information and referral throughout Riverside County . (If you're calling from San Diego County , you'll be connected to a similar agency only in San Diego County . Ditto for other counties that have this service.) If you'd like information about services in Riverside County but are phoning from another county or if you are using a cell phone, please call 1 (800) 464-1123. Dialing 211 from cell phones won't work; use the 800 #.

Specialists provide information and referral - in English, Spanish, and many other languages - on the following topics: emergency food & shelter, counseling, programs for those who need assistance with childcare, senior programs & resources, community-based programs for alternative sentencing, job training & placement.

There is a searchable information and referral database affiliated with this agency, too. The URL is http://www.connectriverside.org/211. This is a terrific website. I suggest that you stay with single words for searches (such as "shelter" or "counseling" or "food," for example) then do a "Find" for the name of appropriate towns.